About Roundhegians Badminton Club
Roundhegians badminton club is a well established club situated in Chelwood Drive, off Street Lane, Leeds 8. We have 2 purpose built wooden sprung floor badminton courts in a large hall. Club nights are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8.00 p.m. onwards. (Sunday nights are mainly for the more accomplished players and league players and feather shuttles are used). The other 3 nights are mixed ability players and plastic feathers are used. Clubs nights operate all year round. When the courts are not being utilised on club nights or for league matches, members can book courts for their own use for practice sessions or social play. Social and league are all welcome.
Each year, mixed, mens and ladies teams are entered in the Leeds and District Badminton league. Feather shuttles are used in the league matches.
A Junior section is run on Saturday mornings and is divided into 3 sessions, beginners, intermediate and advanced.
If you are interested in joining the badminton club please contact Claire on email address: - Claire_Welling@hotmail.com
Roundhegians Badminton Club expects its members to uphold and observe the playing rules:1. All visitors to the club on a club night are required to buy 2 stamps. These are available from the stamp machine on the wall beside the court booking sheets. Visitors to the club are permitted to play 3 times only as a guest, prior to joining. The visitor's stamps should then be placed in the visitors file in the hall and signed in by a present member.
2. If the visitor is accompanying a member to play on a booked court they are still required to pay a visiting stamp, in addition to the usual court booking fee. After 3 visits as a guest, guests are required to join.
3. Entry to the sports hall requires a code for the door lock. Only paid up members who submit an e-mail address (either on their membership form or separately to the membership secretary) will receive this code.
4. Application forms are available in the Information file, from behind the bar, on the website or on the Roundhegians Badminton Club Facebook group.
5. Non-marking soles only to be worn on the courts. These must be clean and not have been worn outside.
6. Yearly membership is £80.
7. Changing facilities are available. Please ask a present member to open the relevant door if needed.
8. Entry to the Club Bar is from the car park or through the door next to the Men's changing rooms.
9. Members may book courts by purchasing stamps and placing them on the booking sheet at the required date and time, PRIOR to play commencing.
10. Please observe the notice board for in-house tournaments for all to enter and social functions.
11. Club nights take place on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday throughout the year from 8pm onwards (7.30pm on Sunday) for all members at a cost of £2 per night. Feather shuttles are used on Sunday club nights. Stamps are to be placed in the book before play and play outside of club nights needs to be paid for with a stamp as per rule 9.
12. The club accommodates teams (mixed, mens and ladies) as can be filled each season in the Leeds & District League. Team selection occurs in September, by a selection committee.
13. Junior badminton sessions are held on Saturday mornings from 9.30am to 1.00pm
14. Membership of the club is subject to timely payment of membership fees and match fees as applicable.
Issue: September 2016