About Roundhegians Badminton Club
Roundhegians badminton club is a well established club situated in Chelwood Drive, off Street Lane, Leeds 8. We have 2 purpose built wooden sprung floor badminton courts in a large hall. Club nights are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8.00 p.m. onwards. (Sunday nights are mainly for the more accomplished players and league players and feather shuttles are used). The other 3 nights are mixed ability players and plastic feathers are used. Clubs nights operate all year round. When the courts are not being utilised on club nights or for league matches, members can book courts for their own use for practice sessions or social play. Social and league are all welcome.
Each year, 5 mixed teams ranging from 1st to 5th division are entered in the Leeds and District Badminton league. Feather shuttles are used in the league matches. We also have 2 ladies teams and 2 mens teams which are run separately by individual club members.
A Junior section is run on Saturday mornings and is divided into 3 sessions, beginners, intermediate and advanced.
If you are interested in joining the badminton club please contact Claire on email address: - Claire_Welling@hotmail.com
- All visitors to the club are required to buy 2 stamps. These are available from the stamp machine on the wall beside the court booking sheets. Visitors to the club are permitted to play 3 times only as a guest, prior to joining. The visitor's stamps should then be placed in the visitors file in the hall and signed in by a present member.
- If the visitor is accompanying a member to play on a booked court they are still required to pay a visiting stamp.
- Application forms are available in the Information file or from behind the bar.
- Non-making soles only to be worn on the courts.
- Applications are assessed on a monthly basis by the Roundhegians Badminton Committee.
- Yearly membership is £70 plus a deposit of £3 for a key to the courts.
- Changing facilities are available. Please ask a present member to open the relevant door.
- Entry to the Club Bar is from the car park or throught the door next to the Men's changing rooms.
- Members may book courts by purchasing stamps and placing them on the booking sheet at the required date and time, PRIOR to play commencing.
- Please observe the notice board for in-house tournaments for all the enter and social functions
- Club nights take place on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday throughout the year from 8pm onwards for all members at a cost of £2 per night. Feather shuttles are used on Sunday club nights.
- The club accommodates 5 mixed doubles teams, 2 ladies doubles teams and 2 mens doubles teams in the Leeds & District League.
- Junior badminton sessions are held on Saturday mornings from 9.30am to 1.00pm